2023 Fall Sessions
*Beginner* Pottery Class on Thursday MORNINGS
The Donn Zver School of Pottery encourages discovery, artistic development, and inspiring our students.
Beginner Level 1 features the development of skills and encouraging students to enjoy their involvement in the art of Pottery making. Your educator infuses their own ideas in developing the skills of our students.
- The teaching of safety and studio protocols as outlined in the school's guidelines provided to the educators entitled “Best Practice Guidelines”.
- Tour of the School and the Donn Zver Pottery.
- Introduction to tools, equipment, and kilns.
- Introduction to wheel throwing, demonstrating basic techniques, such as wedging, centring. opening and pulling the clay to form cylinders and bowls.
- Instruction in trimming and finishing their work, including signing and stamp making for signing.
- Introduction to basic hand-building, such as pinch pots, coiling methods, slab building, and using texture tools for decoration.
- Proper recycling of the student's clay. Proper storage of clay and drying finished pieces.
- The importance of goal setting and the use of a sketchbook and drawing.
|Class Term:||8 weeks|
|Class Level:||Beginner Level 1,2,3|
|Registration Fee:||$385.00 per person
*Clay & pottery tools sold separately.
|Registration Deadline:||Sep 14, 2023|
Class Dates & Times
Full term course schedule
|Week 1||Thursday, Sep 14||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Week 2||Thursday, Sep 21||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Week 3||Thursday, Sep 28||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Week 4||Thursday, Oct 5||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Week 5||Thursday, Oct 12||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Week 6||Thursday, Oct 19||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Week 7||Thursday, Oct 26||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Week 8||Thursday, Nov 2||9:00am - 12:00pm|
Class Registration Policies
Full Term Class Cancellation
If the Donn Zver School of Pottery decides on a formal full 8-week term class cancellation for any reason, registered students will receive a full refund.
Attending the full class term is the responsibility of the student. No refunds or credits are issued for missing classes and educators will not schedule any additional instructor-led make-up classes.
Missing a Class
If a student does miss a scheduled class, an option is available to make-up by taking an Open Studio class. Please contact us if you intend to do this so that we can make sure there is room for you in the Open Studio sessions.
Student Withdrawal Requests
- No refunds or credits will be granted for student withdrawal requests made during the class term (after the start date).
- Student withdrawal requests made in advance of two (2) weeks prior to class start date are eligible for a full refund or credit.
- Student withdrawal requests made within two (2) weeks or less of the class start date are eligible for a refund or credit less a 20% administration fee.
Inclement Weather Conditions
In the event of inclement weather, the Donn Zver School of Pottery will make a decision whether to cancel class or not. If a class cancellation is issued, the School will make very effort to reschedule the class.
Inclement weather closures will be posted on the home page of the School of Pottery website or students will receive an email notification.